What is your maximum mortgage? That largely depends on your income and current monthly debt payments. This calculator collects these important variables and determines your maximum monthly housing payment and the resulting mortgage amount.
- Monthly income
- Total monthly income from all sources. All income should be entered before taxes.
- Monthly housing expenses
- Your monthly housing expenses from the housing expenses worksheet. The items entered as housing expenses make up the taxes and insurance portion of your monthly PITI payment.
- Monthly liabilities
- Your monthly liabilities from the liabilities worksheet. Your monthly liabilities are used to calculate your maximum PITI.
- Monthly housing payment (PITI)
- This is your total Principal, Interest, Tax and Insurance (PITI) payment per month. This includes your principal, interest, real estate taxes, hazard insurance, association dues or fees and principal mortgage insurance (PMI). Maximum monthly payment (PITI) is calculated by taking the lower of these two calculations:
- Monthly Income X 28% = monthly PITI
- Monthly Income X 36% - Other loan payments = monthly PITI
- Maximum principal and interest (PI)
- This is your maximum monthly principal and interest payment. It is calculated by subtracting your monthly taxes and insurance from your monthly PITI payment. This calculator uses your maximum PI payment to determine the mortgage amount that you could qualify for.
- Start interest rates at
- The current interest rate you could receive on your mortgage. This is used as the starting point for displaying a range of interest rates and the resulting mortgage amount.
- Term in years
- The number of years over which you will repay this loan. The most common mortgage terms are 15 years and 30 years.
Interlinc Mortgage Services, LLC #205696 – Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending Complaint and Recovery Fund Notice
Interlinc Mortgage Services, LLC. is licensed under the laws of the State of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending. Complaints regarding mortgage bankers should be sent to the Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending, 2601 North Lamar, Suite 201, Austin, Texas 78705. Complaint forms and instructions may be downloaded and printed from the department's website located at http://www.sml.texas.gov or obtained from the department upon request by mail at the address above, or by telephone at its toll-free consumer hotline at 1-877-276-5555, by fax at 1-512-475-1360, or by e-mail at email@example.com
THE DEPARTMENT MAINTAINS A RECOVERY FUND TO MAKE PAYMENTS OF CERTAIN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY BORROWERS CAUSED BY ACTS OF MORTGAGE BANKERS . A WRITTEN APPLICATION FOR REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE RECOVERY FUND MUST BE FILED WITH AND INVESTIGATED BY THE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO THE PAYMENT OF A CLAIM. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE RECOVERY FUND, PLEASE CONSULT THE DEPARTMENT’S WEB SITE AT WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV