The Reverse Mortgage program has changed dramatically in the last couple of years. The NEW Reverse Mortgage is now recommended by many financial planners and licensed professionals due to the recent improvements and protections put in place. Richard Woodward is a Dallas Texas based licensed reverse mortgage expert with many happy past clients. Let’s talk either face to face or over the phone. Richard will analyze your situation and provide you either a reverse mortgage option or a traditional mortgage option, whichever works best for you.
Register to receive a free customized proposal and receive my
free Reverse Mortgage Handbook
A reverse mortgages (also called home equity conversion loans or HECM) enable homeowners age 62 and older to tap into their equity without selling their home (or purchase without making mortgage payments) The lender pays you money based on the equity you’ve accrued in your home; you receive a lump sum, or a monthly payment or a line of credit. Repayment is not necessary until the borrower sells the property, moves into another residence, or passes away. When you sell your home or no longer use it as your primary residence, you or your estate must repay the loan you received from the reverse mortgage plus interest and other finance charges to the lender.
Mortgage payment options are very flexible. If you want to reduce your balance then you may make monthly payments. If you don’t want to make payments, you do not have to make payments. However, you MUST pay your property taxes and home owners insurance in order to prevent foreclosure just like a regular mortgage.
Call The Richard Woodward Mortgage Team today to receive your free consultation (214) 945-1066. Now offering Reverse Mortgages for purchase or refinance in Texas, Florida, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Arizona.
FHA insured reverse mortgages are non-recourse loans. You or your heir will never owe more than your home is worth so when the home is sold, you keep any equity. The bank NEVER owns your home- you do – just like a regular forward mortgage. Interest rates are comparable to forward mortgages. Closing cost, when you use The Richard Woodward Mortgage Team, are comparable to forward mortgages as we will waive our origination fees for all loans over $50,000 unless you wish to buy down your interest rate.
A reverse mortgage is available to seniors 62 or older and can enable owners to convert their home equity into cash to meet the financial needs that appear during retirement age. This type of loan can be used to supplement income or to pay for additional cost to become harder to cover after retirement. A reverse mortgage is a loan against your home that you do not have to make payments on for as long as you live in the home. You can make payments if you wish but you are in control.
• Reverse mortgages are a way for homeowners, 62 and over, to access equity they have in their homes
• You still own your home throughout the entire term of the loan. It is never owned by the bank and never will be unless you don’t pay your taxes, keep your insurance paid, don’t pay your HOA fees, or don’t keep your home in good condition just like a normal mortgage.
• A reverse mortgage can help you access cash based on the value of your home without you having to make monthly mortgage payments and can help you better manage your financial future.
• There are minimal income and minimal credit verification requirements.
Reverse mortgages are ideal for homeowners who are retired or no longer working and want to supplement their income. Interest rates can be fixed or adjustable and the money is nontaxable and does not interfere with Social Security or Medicare benefits. Your lender cannot take your home away if you out live your loan nor can you be forced to sell your home to pay off your loan even if the loan balance grows to exceed property value. A Dallas Texas reverse mortgage can help you live a life more comfortably.
• No monthly mortgage payments are required unless you want to make the payments.
• Loan proceeds may be tax-free (consult a financial or tax adviser).
• You can receive the money in a way that suits your financial situation – lump sum, line of credit, fixed monthly payments – or a combination of any of these options depending on the type of loan you select. Options vary depending on terms. We can provide you several option and you select the one you qualify for and want.
• May not affect Social Security or Medicare benefits (contact a financial or tax adviser)
• The loan is not due until the last borrower permanently leaves the home for 12 months or more
• Neither you nor your heirs will owe more than your home‘s appraised market value at the time repayment is due
Common Uses of Proceeds
• Deferring payment from annuities or other taxable income sources.
• Making home repairs and improvements.
• Covering medical expenses.
• Establishing trusts.
• Helping to financially support family members (e.g., funding grandchildren’s tuition).
• Paying off loans or bills.
• Maintaining or improving quality of life.
• Something special – buying a new car or taking a vacation.
• Lump Sum -A withdrawal of your available benefit at loan closing (the entire amount or a partial amount), typically to pay off your existing mortgage balance, if any, and to provide cash.
• Fixed Monthly Payments -Tenure: A fixed monthly payment for as long as you remain in the home. – Term: A fixed monthly payment for a specific term that the borrower determines.
• Line of Credit -A credit line the borrower can access at any time. The unused balance has a growth feature, which means the borrower will have access to additional benefits the longer they remain in their home.
• A combination of any of these options
• Partial prepayments allow for increases in available credit
Buy a Home Without Monthly Mortgage Payments
If you are 62 years or older, the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) for Purchase Loan can help you buy your next home without required monthly mortgage payments.* The HECM for Purchase is a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insured home loan that allows seniors to use the equity from the sale of a previous residence or cash on hand to buy their next primary home in one transaction
Customer benefits include:
• Eliminates monthly mortgage payments
• Increases your purchase power
• Preserves your cash
Why Consider A Reverse Mortgage To Purchase A Home. Many home buyers use the HECM for Purchase Loan to:
• Down size to a smaller, lower maintenance home
• Buy a home closer to family or friends
• Lower their cost of living during retirement
• Enjoy carefree living in a senior housing community
Since monthly mortgage payments are not required, a HECM for Purchase Loan may help preserve your hard-earned savings and improve cash flow. You will continue to own and maintain the title of your home for as long as the property remains your primary residence and you continue to meet the obligations of the loan.
Why Choose Service First Mortgage for your reverse mortgage?
With Service First Mortgage reverse mortgages, you know you’re making the smart choice. Here’s why:
• You will first speak with a government-approved counselor before you even apply.
• Your personal information is private and secure because all of our employees are located in one office here in Texas
• We believe in delivery LOW Cost Options to suit your needs.
I’m Ready To Start the process, What’s Next?
When you work with The Richard Woodward Mortgage Team, you can be assured that we will personally walk you through every step of the reverse mortgage process. Your questions will be answered honestly and directly in plain English that anyone can understand. You can also visit HUD.gov for Frequently Asked Questions.
The Learning Process – Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. We want you to be completely comfortable with us and with the reverse mortgage program. We can prepare a scenario tailored to your specific needs and even show you options for how to take the funds based on your needs and goals.
Counseling – Prior to obtaining a reverse mortgage, you will be required to participate in an informative counseling session. The counseling will be done by a HUD-approved counseling agency. The counselor will go over the features and requirements of a reverse mortgage, answer any questions you may have, and discuss alternatives to a reverse mortgage with you. Upon satisfactory completion, you will be issued a certificate and we can move forward with the next step.
Application and Appraisal – After counseling, you are ready to begin the application process. You will fill out the necessary forms and pay for an appraisal of your home. Relax, we’ll take it from here. Visit our Plano Mortgage office and a face to face talk or call for an over the phone application.
Processing and Underwriting- Behind the scenes, all the components of the file (appraisal, title work, etc) are assembled and the underwriter reviews the file for final approval. This process takes from 2 weeks to 6 weeks depending on how complicated your application is.
Closing – Once the final approval is issued, you are ready to close. We will schedule a time for you to complete the final paperwork. Once all papers are signed and the mandatory three day right of rescission has passed, you receive your lump sum, access to your line of credit, or a schedule of monthly payments.
Congratulations! HERE’S WHAT TO DO NOW!
Contact us for a no–cost or obligation consultation. We would be happy to discuss the Reverse Mortgage program with you and assist you with determining if it is the appropriate solution for your personal situation. You can contact Richard Woodward at (214) 945-1066.
A reverse mortgage calculator is a good tool but we prefer to have a conversation with you to give your real facts. Reach out today and get your personalized reverse mortgage proposal from our professional version reverse mortgage calculator.