Equifax, one of the 3 main bureaus, located in Atlanta is going to pay up to $700 million in the largest-ever data breach settlement that happened in 2017. The breach exposed the personal information of 147 million people. Here are the Equifax Settlement Claim Instructions.
Here’s some articles that detail the leak and settlement:
You could receive $125 or more if you file a claim. I filed one today. The process is quick and painless.
Here are a few options that you will have for the Equifax Settlement Claim:
1) Free credit monitoring OR $125 cash payment
2) Cash payments up to $20,000 per person
3) Free Identity Restoration Services
Are you eligible? Go here to find out.
When filing the Equifax Settlement Claim here are some of the questions they will ask:
1) If you have credit monitoring and will have it for the next 6 months, you can get the $125 instead of credit monitoring. If you don’t have credit monitoring, you can get 3-bureau monitoring for 4 years, then Equifax credit monitoring for 3 more years after. Most people have credit cards that have credit monitoring or CreditKarma or if you don’t and you would like a great service that gives you all 3 reports, you can sign up here.
2) If you had loses or expenses related to the breach, you can make a claim up to $20,000 which you will need documentation.
3) If you spent any time monitoring your credit, freezing your credit, etc because of the breach you can claim $25/hour up to 20 hours. Anything above 10 hours requires proof. Anything 10 hours and below does not require documentation.
4) If you paid for credit monitoring from any other website, you can get up to 25% of what you paid back.
If you have any questions about the Equifax Settlement Claim Instructions, feel free to call/email me. While you are here, if you would like some information on mortgages or loan programs, please read my Blog or visit my Loan program page here.
Richard Woodward, NMLS 217454
Your Local, Direct, 5 Star Rated Mortgage Lender, Specialty Lending Manager
Office: (214) 945-1066
Service First Mortgage NMLS 166487
6800 Weiskopf Ave #200, McKinney, TX 75070
Licensed by the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending (SML) Mortgage Banker Registration. Service First Mortgage is an Equal Housing Lender. This is not an offer of credit or commitment to lend. Loans are subject to buyer and property qualification. Rates and fees are subject to change without notice. The views expressed on this site are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies or opinions of Service First Mortgage or its affiliates.